Special thanks to Ikea Lakeside and Morrisons Grays for their kind donations towards our Christmas Market.
Treetops Christmas 2021 video
Please check the School Videos page for more tour options
Quick Links for Parents:
- Guide to student railcard (Save money on train tickets!!!)
- Wrestling stars delight pupils at Treetops (An article on Thurrock Nub News website)
- Latest letter for parents – School Dinner Price Increase
- Correspondance (Letters)
- Dinner menu week 1 summer 2022 (Week 1 commencing 21.02.22)
- Dinner menu week 2 summer 2022 (Week 2 commencing 28.02.22)
All admissions are coordinated by Thurrock Council
Read our OFSTED outstanding report
The full 2020 OFSTED Outstanding report.
Dates for your diary
Important school dates for your diary
Pay360 Education Payments
Secure cashless payments
We hope you enjoy looking through all our website has to offer current and prospective pupils and parents, as well as other stakeholders.
Treetops is a day special school for children and young people between the ages of 5 and 19 who experience moderate learning difficulties. The school is located in Grays, Essex.
The school oruns a special VB (verbal behaviour) department for children on the autistic spectrum and was the first state school in the UK to be adopting these teaching principles.
In February 2008, Treetops School moved to its new site in Buxton Road where we will also soon have an additional Free school. The number of places currently available at our school is 295. Pupils can be admitted throughout the academic year but the majority will take up places at the beginning of the autumn term.
Our school works on achievement, on what can be done. We work on the positive. We do not view our work as such, but as a vocation or as an opportunity to make a difference.
Each pupil is placed in an age- or need-appropriate group. Each group will have a teacher responsible for pastoral care. In addition, the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher also take great pride in ensuring pastoral care is of the highest order. We will always endeavour to answer any worries you have on the same day that you make contact.
One of the great qualities of our school is that we are small. We are therefore able to know each pupil really well, and conversely they know us really well. Behaviour and discipline in school (or anywhere else) is all about relationships.
Our aim is for pupils to accept our values and become part of a whole community, which instils a sense of pride in each other.
Message from our Head Teacher Mr Brewer
Message from our Chief Executive Mr Smith
Teaching is outstanding because teachers have exceptionally high expectations of what pupils can achieve and use practical activities to make learning interesting.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
- The school continues to make significant progress in consolidating and developing its expertise across a range of learning difficulties, particularly in the areas of autism and social and communication difficulties.
- The school moved to its new site with brand new state of the art facilities in March 2008. The site is also used as a base for our Portage Service with a further area developed for family support work and work with external professionals.
- In February 2020 the school was re-inspected by OfSTED and for the fourth time in succession was judged to be outstanding in all categories.”
- In April 2017 the school converted to an Academy within the Multi Academy Trust ‘Treetops Learning Community’ but remains as Treetops School.
- We have had a bid to open a Free School on our existing site accepted and are awaiting further developments to this.
School should be…a place where there is work but also laughter, a place where there is law but also grace, a place where there is justice but where there is also love…
Sir Alec Clegg 1974
Contact the school