Pay Scale: New Thurrock Local Government Scale, Band A point 3- – 5 (approx.. £12,300 actual)
25 hrs per week – 45.8 wks per year (1 extra paid week after 5 years of service)
Required – 1 November 2021
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in partnership with a class teacher to support pupils’ learning.
Previous experience of working with children with special educational needs whilst not essential, is preferable.
Treetops School is a special academy catering for pupils with a wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties, speech and communication difficulties, autism and general developmental delay. We have been judged outstanding by Ofsted in our last four inspections, the most recent being February 2020.
The school is also the lead for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance (TTSA).
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Are versatile and able to support our teachers in delivering a high standard of learning to pupils of all abilities.
- Want to be a member of a creative and dynamic staff team with high expectations for our pupils
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a successful and supportive environment
- Motivated children who are willing to learn
- Well equipped and resourced classrooms
- Continued professional development
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. This can be arranged by contacting Mrs Lambie on 01375 372723 or by emailing email@example.com Please also take time to view our most recent pupil video on our website.
An application form can be downloaded from our website www.treetopsschool.org and submitted either by hand, post or email (admin address) marked for the attention of the Mrs K Lambie, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 7 October 2021
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.
Learning Support ABA Tutors
Hours are 27.5 per week (8:50-15.30)
Salary £15,036 per annum
There are new posts available due to the continued expansion of this forward-looking and innovative Special School with three consecutive `Outstanding’ Ofsteds. We can offer a great team work ethic and a fun, sociable and rewarding environment where you can truly make a difference to our more vulnerable students.
- The tutor posts are to work as part of a team delivering an education programme based on the theory of Applied Behaviour Analysis to children with a diagnosis of Autism, or related communication impairments. ABA is defined as an applied natural science devoted to developing and analysing procedures that produce effective and beneficial changes in behaviour. The role involves following an individual programme designed specifically for each student which will also include plotting data at the end of each day for analysis.
We would welcome applications from people with energy, patience and a genuine commitment to working with young people aged 5-19 with a wide range of complex and sometimes very challenging learning difficulties and behaviour.
Training opportunities can and will be provided for successful candidates. Appointees will also receive positive handling training as part of their induction. Due to the unique nature of this role, we require candidates to come in for a day as part of the short-listing process, prior to interview, to ensure that we appoint people who fully understand what the job entails.
With experience, tutors will be given the opportunity to complete the 40-hour RBT (Registered Behaviour Technician) training requirements and competency assessment, as well as being provided with ongoing supervision to maintain this credential.
For tutors with the relevant qualifications there may be opportunities for supervision towards their BCBA/BCaBA credential, if school budgets allow (reviewed annually).
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, a medical check, satisfactory employment references and the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Please download and complete our Support Staff application form available at www.treetopsschool.org (About us, Job Opportunities)
To download a Job Description for the role of ABA tutor, please click here.
Don’t hesitate to send us an application, as we recruit on a rolling basis.