The Pupil Premium Treetops School 2018/19
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated by the Senior Leadership Team who will identify priority areas to ensure GAP’s in both social and academic progress is addressed.
- Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.
- All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at providing additional, individualised learning opportunities and enabling maximum progress. It will also be used to narrow the GAP between disadvantaged and advantaged students.
- The Governors of the school will publish information on how they have used their Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) to address the issue of ‘narrowing the gap’, for socially disadvantaged pupils.
The Governors have targeted the PPG to:
- Increase pupil engagement especially for our more needy PP learners
- Increase access to specialised Speech & Language programmes
- Allow pupils access to extracurricular activities and trips that would otherwise be inaccessible
PPG Allocation for 2018/19 is: £128,536
This was used to:
- Purchase mobile technology (iPads,laptops) to make learning more accessible
- Staffing for the more vulnerable students
- Additional member of staff for our Speech & Language Dept.
|Pupil Premium 2018/19|
|Details of Spending||Calculation||Cost to School||Balance Remaining|
|3 Staff + KS Leader|
|Add support for Sp & Lang provision||1 Staff||£102,081||26,455|
|Laptops, Clevertouch Board, iPads and headsets||£13,879||12,576|
Total Allocation 2018/19 £128,536
Total Spend £115,960
Balance c/fwd at year end £ 12,576
PE & Sport Premium for 2018/19
Total number of primary pupils on roll 83
Amount of grant received £16,800
Summary of Primary Sport Premium 2019
Objectives of spend
- Improve the provision of PE & School Sports at Treetops School
- Ensure that PE & School Sports are judged as at least good by external monitoring.
- Broaden the sporting opportunities and experiences available to pupils that they might otherwise not experience.
- To develop a love of sport and physical activity.
Outline of Primary Sport Premium spending 2018-2019
To purchase a mini-bus to enable students to access sport in the local and wider community. To also enable students access to regular swimming. This will be done in 2019/20.
Total Premium received: £16,800
Premium carried forward to next year: £16,800
Amount of grant received 2018/19: Amount received £19,908
Objectives of spend:
– Identify pupils who are below their individually predicted level in Literacy and/or Numeracy, or those who are making slower progress than their peers.
– Run personalised one-to-one sessions for these pupils, targeting the high-frequency areas of Literacy and/or Numeracy.
– Record and chart each selected child’s progress on a half-termly basis, making note of which methods are most effective.
£9,954 – Employment of a Qualified English Specialist one day per week – Ensure all year 7 pupils are assessed in their reading and writing, and have their individual needs addressed, as and when required. Set up of individual plans for those that need it to be followed by class teachers.
£9,954 – Employment of a Qualified Maths Specialist one day per week – Ensure all year 7 pupils are assessed in their basic numeracy skills, and have their individual needs address, as and when required. Set up of individual plans for those that need it to be followed by class teachers.
Total Premium Received: £19,908
Premium Remaining: £0